Almost every infection (viral or bacterial) begins with a red, irritating and aching throat. At first we feel discomfort and pain when swallowed, if we do not take action, pain becomes constant and stronger, hinders eating, talking and swallowing.
It is advisable to take action as soon as possible.
What to do first? Boil your tea and drink it warm with a spoonful of honey. The sore throat will calm down.
Then, at the earliest opportunity, go to the pharmacy and ask your pharmacist what to relieve your throat.
- Anti-inflammatory products . Flurbiprofen is from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is suitable for use in severe pain and in people prone to frequent tonsillitis.
It is in the form of oromucosal spray and sucking tablets. The spray is used 3-5 times for 3 sprays, and the tablets are sucked in 2 hours. The maximum is 8 tablets per day. Fluid and food intake 15 minutes after drug use is not desirable because it reduces their effect.
- Antiseptics – Chlorhexidine, Dequalinium chloride . They have a pronounced anti-microbial effect and inhibit the development of micro-organisms in the throat. They can also be found in the form of sprays or tablets.
- Antimycotics – Benzydamine . It also belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and has an analgesic effect. In addition, it has an antifungal and antimicrobial effect. This makes it suitable for use in fungal infections in the mouth. Benzydamine is suitable for use in pregnant women, nursing mothers and nursing infants. The formulations are spray, tablets and mouthwash.
- Herbal extracts. Currently there is a rich variety of herbal pastilles and sucking tablets that have a beneficial effect on sore throats. The most common herbs are ginger, mint, echinacea, sweet root, sage, Icelandic lichen, and so on.
- Local anesthetics . They are usually combined with another active ingredient. They block the pain sensation and reduce discomfort.
- Homeopathy. Homeopathic products offer a wide variety of products that affect the patient’s throat. It is important for homeopathic products that taking the right medicine as early as possible after the first symptoms is a prerequisite for a good response to the condition. Acute conditions affect within hours, if you do not feel better after a day, it is recommended to change the therapy.